Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computer Systems (IHC 2018). The purpose of the workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere.
Proposals (maximum 4 pages) should include:
- Workshop name and a 150- to 200-word abstract describing the workshop, according to the Topics of interest presented on the Symposium Web site;
- A short summary of the topic, scope and significance of the workshop including a discussion on the relevance to IHC 2018 topics (please, include information about previous sessions of the workshop, if any);
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers/participants, plans for dissemination (for example, special issues of journals, or position statements distributed to the participants), the expected number of participants, and the planned workshop format;
- A brief CV of each of the organizers, including contact addresses and an identification of a single primary contact;
- A proposal for the workshop submission, acceptance notification and camera-ready deadlines.
Please, pay attention to the deadline for Workshop acceptance notification (see below). Therefore, the deadlines for the submission of articles should be after this date and the notification of acceptance of articles for the workshop should be sent at least one week before the registration date (first date with discount), to be defined by the Symposium Committee.
All the proposals will be judged on their merits, and the best ones will be accepted. Notice that workshops held in previous editions of Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computer Systems (IHC) will undergo the same selection process. Success on previous events (in terms of attendance, number of submissions, etc.) and the potential interest for the current edition will be taken into account in our deliberations.
The organizers of IHC 2018 will provide:
- Page hosted (or link) on IHC 2018 Web site;
- Management of registration for participants;
- Setup of meeting space and related equipment;
- Coffee breaks.
The proponents are responsible for organizing and carrying out the workshop belong. The workshop organizers must:
- Coordinate deadlines and acceptance notifications for workshop papers with the IHC 2018 Workshop Chairs;
- Publicize the workshop, its call for papers, submission and review process, and make any contact with authors;
- Provide a brief description of the workshop for the IHC 2018 Web page;
- Schedule workshop activities in collaboration with the IHC 2018 local organizers.
Authors must do their submissions via the JEMS system
, in PDF format, according to the ACM SIGCHI papers
(version 2015). If you have questions regarding the IHC 2018 Workshops, please, feel free to send us an email.
- Deadline: April 27, 2018
- Notification: May 21, 2018
- Camera Ready: June 11, 2018
- Workshop: October 22, 2018
- Simone Bacellar Leal Ferreira(UNIRIO) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vinícius Pereira (UFMT) - email@example.com